Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Some poems for my angel mommy friends...

On rainy yucky days like this, I am reminded of the day Kylie passed. That whole morning was grey, rainy, and miserable, until we pulled into my mom's driveway after leaving the hospital without our sweet baby- the sun shone through the clouds as we got out of the car, and I found it so odd that it was that easy for the sun to shine when my heart was all but dead.

Today, I find comfort in writing and in the writing of others, so I hope this helps you, my angel mommy friends, in remembering your little one(s) and their precious lives. I was just searching for helpful poems.

You never said I'm leaving
You never said goodbye
You were gone befor we knew it
and only God knew why,

A million times I needed you
A million times I cried
if love alone could have saved you
you never would have died

In life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In our hearts I hold a place
that only you can fill

It broke my heart to lose you
but you didn't go alone
as part of me went with you
the day God took you home.

--- Unknown


"What makes a Mother "


I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today.
I asked what makes a mother
And I know I heard Him say...

“A mother has a baby.
This we know is true.
But can you be a mother
when your baby`s not with you?

“Yes, you can,” He said
with confidence in His voice.
“I give many women babies.
When they leave is not their choice.

Some I send for a lifetime
And others for a day.
Some I send to feel your womb
But there`s no need to stay.”

I just don`t understand this, God.
I want my baby here.
He took a breath and cleared His throat
And then I saw a tear.

“I wish that I could show you
what your child is doing today.
If you could see your child smile
With other children and say,

“We go to earth to learn our lessons
of love and life and fear.
My Mommy loved me oh so much
I got to come straight here.

I feel so lucky to have a Mom
Who had so much love for me.
I learned my lesson very quickly.
My Mommy set me free.

I miss my Mommy oh so much
But I visit her each day.
When she goes to sleep,
On her pillow is where I lay

I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek
And whisper in her ear,
“Mommy, don`t be sad today.
I’m your baby and I’m here”

So, you see, my dear sweet one,
Your child is okay.
Your baby is here in my home
And this is where she`ll stay.

She`ll wait for you with me
Until your lesson is through.
And on the day you come home,
She`ll be at the gate waiting there for you

So, now you see what makes a mother.
It`s the feeling in your heart.
It`s the love you had so much of
Right from the very start.

Though some on earth may not see
You`re a mother with a daughter.
They`ll be up here with me one day
And know you`re the best Mother.”


(Author unknown...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not judge the bereaved mother. She comes in many forms.


She is breathing, but she is dying.
She may look young, but inside she has become ancient.
She smiles, but her heart sobs.
She walks, she talks, she cooks, she cleans, she works, she IS,
but she IS NOT, all at once.
She is here, but part of her is elsewhere for eternity.

-Author Unknown-

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mention of His Name
The mention of my childs name
May bring tears to my eyes,
But it never fails to bring
Music to my ears.
If you are really my friend,
Let me hear the beautiful music of his name.
It soothes my broken heart,
And it sings to my soul.
~~Author Unknown~~

---------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BROKEN CHAIN
We little knew that morning, that God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly, In death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you, You did not go alone;
For part of us went with you, The day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories, Your love is still our guide;
And though we cannot see you, You are always at our side.
Our family chain is broken, And nothing seems the same;
But as God call us one by one, The chain will link again.
~author unknown~

------------------------------------------------------------------

ASK MY MOM HOW SHE IS

My mom, she tells a lot of lies, she never did before,
but from now until she dies she'll tell a whole lot more.

Ask my mom how she is and because she can't explain,
she will tell a little lie becasue she can't describe the pain.

Ask my mom how she is, she'll say, "I'm alright"
If that's the truth then tell me, why does she cry each night?

Ask my mom how she is she seems to cope so well,
she doesn't have a choice you see nor the strength to yell.

Ask my mom how she is, "I'm fine, I'm well, I'm coping",
For God's sake mom, just tell the truth, just say your heart is braking.

She'll love me all her life, I loved her all of mine,
But if you ask her how she is, she'll lie and say she's fine.

I am here in heaven I cannot hug from here,
If she lies to you don't listen, hug her and hold her near.

On the day we meet again I'll smile and I'll be bold,
I'll say, "You're lucky mom to get in here with all the lies you told!"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



THE MASK

I have a face I put in place; It's what I wear when folks are there.

For those only who want to see the way they think I ought to be.

I live in times that have no light, just cloudy darkness, endless night.

I no longer see the sun, I laugh but never feel the fun.

When I arise to start a day, I stumble as I make my way.

I don't know who's really me, I'm not the one I used to be.

I have no heart to fill with joy, I lost it when I lost my boy.

the future is so bleak to me, I choose to not let others see.

So when people stop to ask, I hide behind my smiling mask.

written by Dianna J. Brendle


--------------------------------------------------------------

Think Before You Speak - by Gwen Flowers

Dear Friend, Today you broke my heart,
In a place that was unbroken.
You did it with your thoughtless words
That should not have been spoken.

You know that I am grieving,
That my pain is deep and real.
Your hurtful words pierced like a knife.
How do you think I feel?

You may not suffer from my loss
Or share this lonely grief,
But I'm mourning my Baby,
Who's life was much too brief.

I'm sure you don't know how I feel,
I don't expect you to.
Don't ask me to get over it....
That's something I can't do.

Without grief, there's no healing
It's a journey I must make.
It's not the path that I would choose,
But one I'm forced to take.

No matter how you choose to see
What I am going through,
I need compassion and support....
I'd do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment