Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

March of Dimes and personal goals

Before I get into my post for the day, I wonder if anyone really even reads my blog? It doesn't really matter, I guess, but I never have any comments or responses, and so I just wonder how many people actually see it. I write it to help myself, but I do share it publicly to let others know. I always wonder how many people comment and post to other people's blogs- I don't get the opportunity much, but I would like to do more of that myself.

Okay, on to the REAL post. =)

Today, I had the opportunity to speak on behalf of the March of Dimes. Huntsville High's FBLA did their annual March of Dimes dinner and silent auction fundraiser, and I was asked to be the speaker for this event. It was such an honor to speak. Out of all the parents who support and assist the MOD here in our area, I was chosen to speak. It makes me so happy, and I am blessed to have had the opportunity.

Standing before those people who willingly donated their time, money, and hearts to the event today... it just made me well up with pride. Though I miss her terribly, and though my life without her is so, so difficult... her life was not in vain. She serves so many purposes, and today, I think she helped some people realize just how important MOD is. Good job, baby girl! Mommy is so, so proud of you!

In the same instance, I was also asked about being the Family Teams captain for this year's March for Babies. Well, DUH! =) You didn't even have to ask, Benita! I am honored to have this opportunity to work closely with other family teams and help in any way possible. This organization is important.

On a different note, I am finally ready to get my non-profit started. I am starting a non-profit to provide parents with resources when they lose a pregnancy or their baby due to miscarriage, stillbirth, prematurity, full-term illness, etc. This is in addition to the resources the hospital gives. I have met a wonderful person (Amy Salter!), who I am just so blessed to know, and who is going to help me get started with the right information and on the right track. This will prevent me from using Huntsville Hospital Foundation, and it will give me my own rights to figure out how to run this thing. When this gets going, Kylie's name will be all over the world. I am so, so grateful! I want to also use the non-profit to generate donations to go towards finding a cure for NEC, because gosh knows something MUST be done to prevent other babies from losing their battles to this disease.

So much in my life has yet to be done. I'm about to start my recruiting again for the March for Babies- who is interested in staying on the team, who isn't. I will be coaching everyone this year on how to set up their page and encourage more online donations than anything. We will be printing off receipts faster. I will be keeping up with totals. T-shirts will come early. We will be having our Thirty-One fundraiser party again, and there will be good incentives for buying! The fundraiser will be in February, and that is when the new catalog comes out, and it should be $1 monogramming again!!!!! Whooo hoo for an awesome time to do a fundraiser! =) If anyone has any fundraising ideas, you should let me know! I don't want to over-kill the fundraisers, but you know, our goal will start at $5,000 this year, so I want to pass last year's $8,000!!!!! I know we can do it. If you already know I can count on you to be on team Angel Kylie's Hope, just let me know. This year, we are also walking for my sweet honorary nephew, Gavin, who spent the first few weeks of his life in the NICU and hospital for heart surgery. He is a living miracle, and Kylie is our Heavenly miracle. How perfect =) I'm working on this year's t-shirt design, so if you have any suggestions, let me know. I know it's just November, but we'll start campaigning in January, so you have to start thinking ahead. The walk is April 16, 2011 at Bridgestreet again. =)

So yes, so much to post, and so much going through my head... I hope this didn't go overboard or overwhelm anyone. My life is busy and full with Jaycee and Kylie, and that is just the way I like it. I love the fact that my children occupy my life. I love them both deeply!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber,

    I read your blogs all the time. I am very proud of you!! I dont know that I would have as much courage as you do if I was in this situation. I pray everyday for you and your family. I know Kylie is very proud of you as her mother and she would have been the luckiest girl in the world to have you as a mother. Stay Strong!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete