Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kylie's One Year Heavenly Birthday Events

Kylie's first angelversary/Heavenly birthday was just as difficult as her first, but there were also more things to think about for that day.

October 15th is National Infancy and Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day. That is also the day I lost Kylie. Ironic? I think not, now that I see how important that day has become for me. I think Kylie wanted me to make note of that day and help honor her life and the lives of all other babies/pregnancies lost too soon. So, that is what I've tried to do.

October 10, Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, the organization that did Kylie's professional photos, held a balloon release to honor babies lost that they have specifically served since coming to Huntsville in 2008. It was a beautiful reception and release. Here is a picture of all the balloons:


The ceremony was beautiful, sweet, and appropriate. Live singers/musicians, and a beautiful speech by a special mom. I have met so many people through my endeavors to help parents, and Amy Salter is no exception. All of these wonderful people that I have met have become near and dear to my heart, and they all want the same thing I do. They hurt like I do, and they understand where I am coming from. I feel that Amy and I have a lot in common as we are both trying to do something for parents in honor of our children. (Amy Salter lost one of her twins, and is in the process of getting a room made for parents to say goodbye to their babies. The current room at the NICU is a small, cramped, office-like space that is not appropriate for such a situation.) This event gave me a chance to meet her face-to-face, finally, and to lean on other parents who have gone down the same path.

On October 15th, we spent the day working on things for the first annual National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day ceremony. The slide show had to be finalized, music had to be finalized, etc. Set-up, greeting guests... and the event went off beautifully. I did not make it to the cemetery that day, though, and it broke my heart, but I honored Kylie through being the speaker for the event. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to tell parents that one year later, though you aren't fixed or healed, you can have HOPE. And that, my friends, is about all we can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment