Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Remembering my angel

Today has already been a bittersweet day. Today, we celebrated Christmas with our group of friends. Santa even played a visit after we had a delicious brunch with all kinds of special treats...

When I was watching the kids open their gifts, my heart was breaking inside because I wanted so desperately for my Kylie to be ripping paper right along with them. It is just so damn unfair. She should be here, growing and living, learning and experiencing. I felt so desperate to see her at that moment, and my mind began racing.

After the kids opened their gifts, the girls pulled me to another room and handed me some gifts. They wanted to remember Kylie in some way, and they remembered that I said I wanted a Kylie tree, so they all picked out an ornament that reminded them of her so we could have a jump start on her tree. It was the most beautiful, heart-felt gesture anyone could have ever made, and I just bawled my eyes out as I opened each gorgeous ornament and saw the heart and thought that was put into each one... I'm still having a hard time holding it together.

I am so grateful for such amazing, thoughtful friends. I know that Kylie will never be forgotten by them, and it means the world to me that they remember her like I do.

Here are her ornaments:

This ornament came from the Crutchers. Thank you for such a personalized, special ornament to remember our baby girl.



This ornament came from the Salazars. I must say, this one brought the most tears, as this particular ornament is an awareness angel holding the Infant and Pregnancy Loss Awareness ribbon. It is truly a special, special ornament, and I thank you so much for choosing this.



This ornament is one of two from the Kelleys. It is a Hallmark ornament (which I have always held near and dear to my heart because of my grandparents), and it is gorgeous. The back of the box says: The world wouldn't be the same beautiful and wondrous place without your unique contributions to it. You bring more than you realize to every day simply by being you. Directly below is another ornament from the Kelleys. It is Kylie's birthstone angel, with the body of the angel being opal. It is just perfect! Thank you, guys, for these very heart-felt ornaments.



This ornament is from the Johnsons. Emily told me it reminded her of Kylie's cross that we use in a lot of our photos, so that is why she chose it. It is simply beautiful, and it DOES remind me of her cross, too. I am so grateful for this ornament, Emily, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment