Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 28, 2011

My sweet Murph

Today, Heaven gained another angel. My sweet Murphy, the best dog in the entire world, left us today to go be with her baby sister, Kylie Brielle.

Murphy is not just any ordinary dog. Murphy is family. Murphy is like another child to me.

Murphy was 6 months old when we found her in the newspaper in Auburn. We met in the Winn-Dixie parking lot, where they brought Murphy and her sister Peanut. Murphy's hair was shorter, softer, and slicker, and she just looked at me with those deep brown eyes, and I was hooked.. we gladly wrapped her in a towel and headed to Wal-Mart to get our new puppy settled.

Not long after, Murphy tore up every single present under the Christmas tree, and we decided that maybe we weren't ready for a dog. We called the people, and they took her back. Every day, I thought of my sweet little puppy, and within a month, Murphy was back home with us where she belonged.

When we traveled home, sometimes Murphy would go to her former home and play with her sister Peanut and all the other dogs they had. Sometimes, she would come with us... it was always an adventure. Murphy used to get very car sick, and so we would have to buy a huge tarp from Wal-Mart, and cover the backs of the front seats, as well as the entire back seat, with the tarp. We had to give her dramamine, and she still drooled the entire trip from Auburn to home and back, and she would throw up numerous times. Thank goodness, she eventually grew out of that...

Murphy was a fast learner. She knew how to sit already, and it took literally no time to house train her. Murphy would come inside with us, and then would go out at night, when we first had her. By the time we left Auburn, Murphy was a fully inside dog.

Murphy loved my daddy more than any one else (outside of me and Chris). She would tear the door down when Daddy came to visit, and even to this day, she would have a fit of whining and tail wagging and lots of kissing to give my daddy. He was her favorite person.

We taught her early on: "Who's here, Murph? Who's here?" And she would go to the door or window and look out, and bark if someone was here, and fall to pieces if it was someone she knew. How smart is that? We taught her to shake in a day. In another day, we taught her how to high-five--- one of her favorite tricks. She even did 'taters", which is when you show your fist.

If we said, Murphy, go to bed, she would go to the bedroom door, push the door open, and crawl under our bed. If we said Murphy, you wanna go outside? She would walk to the door or dance in front of it, wagging her tail with such enthusiasm that I thought sometimes she would knock me out.

Murphy was truly one of a kind. Everywhere we took her, everyone gushed over how beautiful she was. "What kind of dog is she?" "She is just so gorgeous!" Murphy looked like a half-sized doberman, with perfect brown markings...

All the time, I could look into those watery brown eyes and just melt. I babied her so, so much. Chris would get so mad at me sometimes, because I would just baby her. She would curl up in the recliner with me, curl up on the couch with me.. or just sit at my feet and nudge me until I pet her.

And of course, there was the singing... I loved singing to her one particular song... "You're my... brown eyed girl... you're my... brown eyed girl." she loved the part "sha-la-la..." she would wag her tail and lean against me. I know she knew this song was special for her... I never sang it to anyone else.

Murphy-Murph, Murphy, Murph-Murph, sweet girl, momma's girl.. they were all names for her. Murph was so good with kids, so good with everyone.

Bless her heart, with all her good, she had some faults. My beautiful dog loved getting into trash, blinds, and kitty litter. I know my friends won't forget the day I brought them to see our new house, and we had left Murphy at home for less than 2 hours, and when we showed up, every blind in the house was destroyed! =) Boy, she knew she was in trouble then.

Murphy always had a way of avoiding punishment, because she would sit and look up at you with those eyes, and my heart would just freakin' melt. I would get so mad at Chris for getting on to her, because she's a dog, and she's a baby, I would argue ...

Yes. Murphy will always be my baby. Murphy is the best dog ever. Murphy is missed so terribly right now...

The house is so quiet, so empty. There's no dog to look over at, no one to say "Murphy, go lay down.. Murphy, you're under my feet... Whatchu doin Murph?"

The hardest part was telling Jaycee that Murphy was in Heaven with baby sister... her question was "Why?" ... "Well baby, Murphy was sick.." "But why Mommy?" Well, I guess I didn't have an answer, because I want to know the same thing...

In the past 36 hours, my life has gone through so much heck. I get personally bashed and attacked here on my own blog, so badly that I must now take precautions to protect myself and save myself from that kind of nastiness. I then come home and my beloved family pet is gone... and I feel so guilty about it.. and then some crazy man who thinks we're someone else wants to come and cause problems. The cops have been at our house twice today because he has shown up and wouldn't leave... and yet they can't arrest him or anything...

For my Murphy:
You will always be my sweet girl. I miss you so much already... you should be at my feet, snoring away. You should be following me as I walk to the kitchen, and you should be busting in the bedroom door when I go to the bathroom. You should be here... and it is killing me inside that you are not. Sweet Murph, you are so special, and you will always be my baby girl. I love you so, so much... I hope you know that. Please take care of Kylie in Heaven-- I am so glad you finally get to meet your baby sister. Just don't lick her to pieces, like you always do to everyone. I would rather her not get bombarded with Murphy slobber. Please come visit me often... I miss you terribly and am going to have a hard time going through this with everything else. I love you, Murph-Murph. Be good.

Love,
Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment