Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ever really thought about it?

Have you ever really and truly just stopped and really thought about someone else and what their life might be like sometimes? Have you ever wondered what you DON'T know about someone? Ever been curious as to what you don't know, haven't seen, or just wonder- how much is someone really like you, what are their pet peeves, what do they do when they are upset, and what is life REALLY like for them?

A lot of people don't really wonder those things, but I have before. I try to put myself in someone's shoes and really think- I wonder what life is like for that person. Sometimes, life's situations can really alter a person. Sometimes, people are really good at hiding their true selves (good and bad). Sometimes, people are really good at making you believe something totally different.

For the most part, I try to be transparent. I am very forward and vocal, and I am very open with a lot of things. If you really want to know something, I tell you. If you really want to ask a question, I'll give you a chance and 9 times out of 10, I'll answer it. However, I've come to realize that there is a part of every single person's life that MUST be (and in many cases, should be) private, even to those who are closest to you. Sometimes, things just aren't worth dragging other people in to, and sometimes, things aren't worth causing other people hurt because of what you have been through.

I wouldn't wish some of my deepest hurts on anyone. Namely, I would not wish even my worst enemy to experience the pain of losing a child. It is something that I will carry with me until I die, something that will always be a part of me and who I am... something that is my "new" normal. I wouldn't wish some of the things that have happened in my life on anyone.

Now I say this because lately, I see so many judgements. Now I am not an innocent person. I have made judgments before, and I probably will in the future, but I try so hard to really think about a person before I jump to too many conclusions. I ask myself, 1.) What do I already know about this person and his/her life? 2.) If I were in his or her shoes, what would I do?  3.) What other things do I need to know to make that decision?

Some things are pretty black and white. If you see a man, who you know is married, making out with another woman who is NOT his wife, then you can pretty much make a decision that he is cheating (because to me, a kiss is cheating). However, I cannot determine why or what all, so I can't condemn him. If I walk through a journey of losing a child, it is pretty easy to see that I am hurting and that the situation is not good- and it will probably make me emotional. As it did....

But sometimes, you think you really know someone, and you really don't know anything about them at all. The way you thought they were, the way you thought they lived their lives, the things you thought went on at home... nothing is further from the actual truth. And today, I just want people to know that anyone could be going through anything. Pray for your friends, your family, your neighbors, your church, your community, strangers... anyone and everyone. Because, honestly, you never know what REALLY goes on... some people have it tougher than you ever would realize... just pray.

Remember, we don't know everything, and we aren't supposed to. We are, however, supposed to be kind, uplifting, and supportive. True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment