Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fear

I will be talking about something that is not directly related to my motherhood, but to the fears I have as a mother and other things... but it is kind of political, so this is your warning.

So I am scared. With all of this "Obamacare" crap, I am scared stiff, and the rest of you should be, too.

My grandparents are Medicare/Medicaid patients. They paid their part while working so they could receive benefits in their old age, and were also supposed to be given a reduction in their insurance pay after so many years of putting in work after age 65. Of course, that hasn't happened, but they are being shafted. Because of Obamacare, and the huge cuts and deficits in Medicare/Medicaid, my grandparents have received a letter in the mail.

Their doctor has decided that he cannot afford to take care of Medicare/Medicaid patients, along with all the other doctors in the practice, so they will put the first 350 Medicare/Medicaid patients to respond and pay under a private contract. They have to pay $600 up front, and then $100 per month as long as they are receiving care. To me, this is absolutely ABSURD. The people recieving Medicare/Medicaid are the ones who don't have that kind of money to fork out for health care, which is why they are using that particular insurance coverage. Luckily, my grandparents should be okay, because my Granny has a different doctor. However, the day after I discovered this, I learned something else...

The new man appointed to Medicare/Medicaid was appointed by President Obama in order to avoid difficult hearings and debates in Congress. Obama was concerned that Republicans would prevent his choice man from getting the job, and he has a right to be concerned. This man has made many comments about "rationing" health care. Just some information for you before I go on:

On a news show the other day, it was stated that at least one million cancer patients in England died because they were DENIED medical treatment for their cancer, and many of those patients could have been healed, cured, or had a much longer life, or had an extended quality of life. This is because of universal health care, and the fact that you have to be approved for care. Let me explain what it means to me: the sick, the weak, and the elderly are not worth taking care of, so let us focus on something else.

This is what our government is turning to, people! Why do you think there will be so much money for universal health care? Because instead of helping people, we are going to be watching them die, most often a slow and painful death, because they will not be allowed to get the health care that we get now. It's already changing the care our elderly get with their Medicare/Medicaid!!!! This new leader of that program specifically wants to RATION health care.. and to me, that means he (and Obama) have decided that it is time to play God and they get to decide who lives and who dies. Why do you think so many people come here to the US for cancer treatments? They don't have the option to live in their own countries, so they come here, where miracles are worked every day, and research has helped millions of people live.

Hell, if it weren't for medical research and the persistence of all doctors and developers, we could be wiped out from some pandemic plague, like those from long ago. Thank goodness for vaccines and other medical break throughs that will most likely prevent a huge pandemic... that is, until Obamacare takes full force.

This brings me to my motherly instincts, and the mothering feelings and ambitions I have.

There is no way anyone can tell me that premature babies won't be affected by universal health care. My Kylie would never have been given a chance to live if universal health care was in full effect. Want to know why? She would have been deemed too sick and too weak. She never would have had the option to have the surgery, and for all we know, they probably wouldn't have even put her on a ventilator to help her live. All of the work and research that has gone in to helping premature babies survive will be worthless, because this new health care system will deny coverage and care for those tiny little babies.

I am a woman who has PCOS and possibly needs fertility treatments to conceive. Before you know it, you won't be able to have fertility treatments without paying in full out of pocket. Before you know it, people will just go without having babies at all because they won't be able to afford paying out of pocket for their fertility.

Then there is the case of those people who spend their lives sick. My dad has diabetes, severe asthma, lots of allergies, and has lots of other things going on. There will be a day when they refuse him any more treatment because his care will be too costly. That is part of this. My grandparents will be affected...

How could those who voted Obama in to office not see all of this? He is a liar, and he said what he could to get in to office. What he is doing is no different than Hitler- let's make everyone feel good about me and what I'm doing, and then we'll start attacking what they cherish one step at a time. It's a sad state when your federal government is suing its own states, when you can't trust a single person in government, and when you have no faith in your leaders. It is also a sad state when you fear for what will happen next each day.

I am terrified of what our country is coming to. I have always had a deep sense of pride in my country and my freedoms- the ability to write in this blog what I want to write, the ability to work and stand up for myself and speak freely about whatever it is I want to discuss... the ability to make decisions about my health care, my doctors, and my outcomes.

As a person who has gone through a lot with doctors lately, I don't want some jackass in the federal government telling me who my doctor is and who I have to listen to, because I don't trust just anyone anymore.

Guys, this is a sad time in our country's timeline, and I'm scared that it is no where near being over... I just hope to God that I am able to successfully have my family completed with all the babies I'm going to have before this mess gets too big to handle.. and of course, I'm going to start my reserve fund to move out of country.

No comments:

Post a Comment