Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Desperately wanting a new beginning

I have had a lot of decisions to make lately regarding my health, my care, my doctors, and my fertility. Unfortunately, my fertility issues are more than my OB/GYN can treat. I kind of saw this coming, but I had a promising rise in my progesterone from October to November, so that gave me hope. After all, I did get pregnant with Kylie with absolutely no fertility treatments!

Today, I got a phone call from Dr. Harper's office telling me my appointment on April 21 could be moved up to NEXT WEEK. Of course, I jumped on the opportunity! I started my period on Saturday, so it really made me feel good that I would be in there before my next cycle and I would know what was going on immediately. I am very anxious to have an ultrasound done, as I haven't had one since June. It will be interesting to see what my ovaries look like right now.

I  have had mixed opinions given to me considering Dr. Harper, but after all that I have been through, I think I can handle this. I have really taken control of my destiny, so to speak. I don't take no for an answer, and I will be heard by ALL of my doctors and medical professionals. I will be asking lots of questions and I will not be satisfied easily. I know this is ridiculous sounding to some, but when you have been through what I have, you really do have to be this way. I am not going to let any more doctors ruin my life because they have decided not to listen to me and to listen to what I have to say.

I know my body so well, and I know what's going on in there better than most doctors. I know when I am going to start, I know when I am ovulating... I know when my ovaries are fighting with cysts. I know it all. I feel it all, and it is NOT fun.

I am also wanting to make sure that Dr. Harper knows that what happened with Kylie was due to lack of care on the part of the doctor, not by negligence on my behalf or my problems, so to speak. If Dr. Conrad had put me in the hospital immediately when he found my very low amniotic fluid, we might not be in this situation. If Dr. Conrad had done an ultrasound earlier, or if he would have changed my medicine much sooner, we might not have been here. It is just ridiculous to me that a doctor would let his patient have uncontrolled high blood pressure, despite coming into the office numerous times a week, and NOT do anything about it. I do blame him for that.

So, I am having some mixed emotions, but I am looking forward to a new beginning. I think I need a new start, a new place to be. I need to be somewhere that is easy to get to from here, and somewhere that will be flexible with my work schedule. I don't have the days nor the money to go back and forth from Birmingham all the time. I am just now about to start earning back sick leave days. I used all of mine plus 15 from the sick leave bank when I was out with Kylie. However, that couldn't be helped, and I needed that time to heal.

I am doing much better these days, but I am so, so sad that I don't have Kylie with me. I shouldn't even be going through this right now. If KYlie was here, I wouldn't be worried about fertility treatments and getting pregnant. I have lost so much already... I'm afraid of it happening again. And if I was 100 lbs, I'd STILL Be worried about it happening again. That's just the nature of the beast.

I want to thank all of you for your well-wishes and positive feelings. I am so thankful that so many of you have encouraged my visit to Dr. Harper, and I am so glad that you guys are supporting me in my endeavors to have another child. It is hard enough with everything that has happened in the past 16 months, and I just feel strongly that this path is what I need. I have so much fertility medication waiting on me (just GIVEN to me- wow!), and I hope to use it before it expires.

Thanks to my friends and family for being so supportive. I am so lucky to have you guys.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for expressing your emotions and feelings as you do. I do believe you are like me....It helps us get them out. To type them out or write them out is an outlet for us. It's not to get people to respond or whatever. It's for US! I enjoy reading the post people write on my caringbridge site (well most of them) but really, as I have stated before, it's for me. It's my healing process. It's my thoughts and feelings and saddness for my son.
    I commend you for moving forward with trying to have another baby. I am really wanting to have another baby but my husband is SO scared of having to go through another loss. Losing Jacob changed him, as well as me, but it really scared him to the point that he doesn't know if he wants to have another child. THAT scares me because I know I do. But, we will jsut pray about it and wait to see what God has in store. Honey, I know it's hard. Granted, I have never had to go through what you have in the sense of not being able to get pregnant. I just pray that you find peace in whatever God has in store for you. You are such a special person and I can't wait to work with you in the future on so many things. I pray that one day I will be able to hold your beautiful child in my arms and look up at you and say "Boy, he/she sure was worth waiting for". Love you honey and you are in my prayers.
    All of us mothers in this "club" have to stick together. We all have different circumstances but each of us share a common emptiness. Nothing will take that away but we, as believers in Christ and Angel mommy's know we will see our child again.
    Love, amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am so lucky to know you and to have met you. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. Thank you for reminding me that there are things to look forward to, and though we don't know why things have happened the way they have, there is a purpose and a beautiful meaning somewhere in the background. I hope that things work out for you in the most beautiful ways. I am struggling with a lot right now, but I am walking with one foot in front of the other and making it each day with the help of my angel mommy friends who understand where I am, where I'm coming from, and where I'm going. You are just such a blessing to me. Thank you so much. I, too, look forward to working together on projects in the future, and I hope to be able to help you in your endeavors for Jacob's room. I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete