Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer, it has begun!

Today, I am officially considering my summer as "STARTED." I was off work as of Thursday, but really, today is when it all begins. Holiday weekend is over, things are kind of settling into a new schedule... you know the drill. As a teacher, I am grateful for the summer off. I really am. Who wouldn't enjoy that kind of schedule? I love what I do, but I love having the opportunity to get back to being the real "me." During the summer, I don't have to dress up, I don't have to worry about paperwork deadlines, and I don't even have to worry about getting to many places before 7:30 in the morning. PJs all day are okay, sleeping in is okay, and sitting on the couch for hours on end is okay.

However, there are lots of things still to do, and lots of things to smash into a very quick summer. Jaycee will be five on Friday. Yes, folks, you heard that right. I'm not quite sure I'm believing it myself! Five years old. It seems like just yesterday that we were cuddling her and feeding her bottles and changing her diapers. Now, she is a vibrant, smart, sweet, witty girl who loves to sing, play, dance, and talk. A lot. Talking= her favorite thing to do. And she's good at it, too. No telling what will come out of her mouth. God knew we needed her in our lives and brought her to us, and I am so, so, so thankful that she has grown up in our home. Kindergarten looms, and preschool is a thing of the past. It's hard to believe, isn't it? I know that life has so much in store for her. Did you know that she now wants to be a doctor?! A doctor!!! I told her she can be ANYTHING she puts her mind to, and her daddy and I will cheer her on and help her in any way. I know she could do it, and I guess we'll worry about finances when we get there. =)

Bryleigh is growing like a weed. I mean, literally. She has such an awesome little personality. She smiles and laughs and giggles a lot, and let me tell you, she is a Momma's girl BIG TIME. She can see me across the room, and if she sees me, her face lights up and she gets so stinkin' excited. It melts my heart! She hears my voice and she starts looking for me. She has two little teeth already, and she is rolling from front to back and back to front easily. She is sleeping through the night, and she's up to about 7 ounces at a feeding. She loves playing with her little feet, and she has discovered the joy of teething rings. She likes to swing, bounce, jump, roll, and play. She LOVES her sister, and she laughs at her a lot. Their relationship is so precious! Bryleigh has said Mama on multiple occasions, mostly when she doesn't feel good, but still, she's said it! Her smile lights up a room, and her bright blue eyes are just gorgeous. We've had so, so many people stop us and comment on her eyes, many telling us those eyes were going to cause some serious trouble when she gets older. If they only knew!

We are fast approaching three years since Kylie was born and passed. It is hard to believe that it has been that long. Many days, it feels like yesterday. Some days, it seems like so much longer. Kylie is still continuing to inspire me, to inspire others, and to be my guidance in all that I do. I love her today, tomorrow, and always. Her sisters will always know her and who she is, and for the opportunity to know her, even if it was for just 2 short weeks, I am forever thankful. Her life continues to teach me more than I ever imagined. I just miss her so, so much. It's easier to get through the day, but sometimes, I look at Bryleigh and see so much of Kylie in her. It just tears my heart a bit, though I am thankful for the reminders.

So this summer, I have lots of projects to come. Working on Kylie's fund, working on the October 15 event, working on myself and getting ready for a new school year. So summer will fly, and I will be exhausted any way. However, I wouldn't have my life any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment