Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Why do I do this to myself?

I have always worn my heart on my sleeve. I have always been one to expect a lot out of people that I love (not that it's fair, but I do) because I give a lot to them, I guess. I've been used as a door mat time and time again, and I've been treated like crap, only for me to get up and stand in line to be knocked around some more. My heart is always in the right place, but I've had to learn the hard way that just because I will do something or act a certain way or be there for a person doesn't mean they will feel the same obligation to be there for me or perform some kindness in return.

I can't stand users. You know, people who will be nice to you and hang around you or do things with you/for you just so they can use you. And boy, I have had people do this to me all through my life, mostly for them to have some "great" personal gain at my loss and expense. And I am guilty for letting this happen, because I have let the same people do this to me over and over again.

I have always had a hard time standing up for myself and telling people how I really feel when it comes to telling them they have upset me, hurt my feelings, or disappointed me, etc. I will tell people happy stuff all day long, and I'll write/talk in general about things that hurt me.

I feel so lonely these days. I feel like I don't belong at work, like I don't fit in in any place in particular. It's like everyone has their group, and I feel like I'm a bystander watching all these great things happen around me. I know it's petty and stupid, but it is so hard to go to work sometimes and be excited because I don't feel like I fit in or that people view me as part of "their" crowd. Nothing against them, its just that I guess I don't mesh. I have always been the person to be the social butterfly and talk to everyone in all, and I guess I'm a weird person with a weird personality or something... but I just want to fit in. I just want to feel included, like I belong. It feels like I'm a middle schooler all over again; the weird, awkward, nerdy kid that stands around pretending to be part of the good conversation, but knowing that no one there is really letting you participate. I just feel like a loser sometimes, and I feel it has affected my ability and my will to be a strong, good teacher. Every person that I became really good friends with at work have left, and maybe a part of me is afraid to become really good friends with someone again because I don't want to be left again. Maybe it's just me... but I've been struggling with these feelings for a long time. It is an awful feeling to feel like you don't fit in or belong. No one has been rude or ugly to me... I just don't feel like I fit.

I have some amazing family and friends, so I'm not saying that I have no one- because I do have amazing people in my life. I just remember various times in my life where I was told that people weren't really my friends, they were just using me because they liked the parties that I had, or they wanted my help getting a good grade, or they wanted a ride in my car. I have had so many people use me for things that I sometimes get that paranoid feeling that people are using me for things, including my child. There are people in my life who won't support the things I do in Kylie's memory, but they are all about "I love you and miss you, Kylie!" when her birthday or other special events roll around. How dare someone use my child that way! You can't just plaster on your facebook wall that you miss and/or love my child just so you can get some attention or be associated with her. If you truly loved Kylie and missed her, you would support her and me in the things we are doing in her memory. I'm not saying you have to give a bunch of money; spreading the word, joining the team, volunteering, or doing something nice for someone in her honor.

And for the final note, I am so sick of being told by people that I say things or do things on facebook just to get attention. I could care less who sees or hears what I have to say. Facebook, blogging, and all other aspects of social media are here for that purpose! To release your feelings and emotions, to let it all out, to express yourself. I don't do anything for attention, and I don't demand attention on myself. It's your jealousy and unhappiness that causes you to think that, and I'm sorry if you are jealous. I don't know why anyone would be jealous of me or of anyone else. We choose our own paths by the choices we make. God guides us, but we make the ultimate choice. And I choose to express myself and my feelings so that I don't keep it bottled up and explode. If you don't like it, don't read my posts.

I'm done being a door mat, but I am also not done having my feelings hurt (that doesn't change over night). I still have a lot to learn, and I still have a lot to remember: Don't focus on the things you can't change. I guess it's hard not having control over everything. I will sort through all the feelings, and we'll get it all worked out.

I didn't post this to make anyone feel bad for me; I'm just working through my feelings. Writing them down seems to always make you feel better, and it seems to always help sort out confusing or conflicting emotions...

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you feel this way. I have found myself struggling with this many times esp since I'm not a mom to a living Child therefor not a mom in many peoples eyes. It hard learning people go out of their way and first then start forgetting or not caring. Just remember any little thing you do for your angel she see and in her eyes you are perfect and no one else but mommy daddy and her sisters matter to her. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete