Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our big girl!

Our big girl!
Growing so fast!

Kylie 1 day old

Kylie 1 day old
Curling up

Bryleigh Addison

Bryleigh Addison
Our youngest miracle

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

What I've Learned

It has taken me a long time to let go of a lot of feelings and to really search my soul for some things. Since losing Kylie, I've held on to a lot of anger; anger at God, anger at my doctor, anger at a nurse at the hospital, anger at myself, even anger with friends and family members.

Today, I let it go. Today, I let God take it and do what He wishes with it, because today, I am officially free from my anger.

It has taken me a long time to realize that God didn't leave me, and he didn't ignore my prayers when Kylie was so sick. I prayed: "God, please heal my child. Please make her better." And He DID. He healed her. He made her better. She no longer felt pain, suffering, or hurt. He restored her body to the most perfect health.

Until recently, I never realized that. God did answer my prayers; He just didn't answer them the way I wished for them to be answered. No one ever said God would do exactly what you asked, but in my grief and hurt, it took me a while to realize that.

I miss my little girl so much, but look at all of the beautiful things that she has brought upon us. She has led us to guide and counsel other families who have gone through similar losses. She has led us to some amazing wonderful people that we otherwise would never have met. She has instilled in us a spirit of giving and helping others that we didn't have before. She has shown us how to help raise awareness for prematurity, NEC, and pregnancy complications. She has impacted so many people with her strong will and her pure heart. She has given us her baby sister, Bryleigh. She gave me my first pregnancy, and my first born. She gave me the gift of her life. She gave me love.

One of the sweetest moments of my life was the moment I saw Kylie open her gorgeous blue eyes and search for me when I spoke to her. Never in a million years did I realize just how much that moment would mean to me; she knew who I was, even though she was no longer in my womb. She knew my voice, and she loved me. Purely, sweetly, honestly. That moment will be forever embedded in my heart and mind. That moment taught me that the bond of a mother and a child can and will never be broken. No matter what, I gave birth to her, and she will always be my child. Through Heaven or Earth, she is mine.

God is good, all the time. He loved me even when I was angry. He was patient with me, and He waited for me to work through my grief. He didn't judge me, nor did He leave me. I still miss my daughter, and would give anything to have her back, but God doesn't make mistakes. I am honored that he chose me to be the mommy to these three beautiful girls in three completely different ways. I'm honored that He has given us the March of Dimes platform to reach out to others and to help others in Kylie's sweet name. I am humbled by the love that God has always had for me. I am human, and I am not perfect, but He loves me just the same.

Dear Heavenly Father, I want to thank you for the many blessings you have bestowed upon me and my family. I thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to mother three beautiful girls and for the love you have shown for me and my family. Thank you for caring for my sweet Kylie, Lord, and thank you for Bryleigh's safe arrival. I pray that you will guide me and lead me as you see fit, for you know my heart and the path my life will take. I trust in you and thank you for your mercy. Please watch over my family as we continue to learn and grow through your love. In Jesus's name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment